So, setting up my new site, I decided to use github pages instead of hosting it on my server.
So I made the necesarry changes to get my domain to point
to github pages, and got everything set up. I added the
CNAME file and added a
yarn deploy command that
I could use to build and publish the site.
I went to change the github pages branch, so I could keep my website code on the master branch, but to my dismay, GitHub had other plans...
The best fix I found for this while still hosting the site on
a user page was to change the defalt branch. Not my favorite
solution, but I'm hosting the pre-build code under the
branch and the static site code under
By changing the default branch to
code, GitHub displays
the code branch when people visit the repo. Plus,
when someone clones it, it clones the code branch
Stay up to date with my blog and other random stuff